We are pleased to announce that an exhibit gallery has been established in the loft of the Roycroft Power House. In recognition of their generosity this space had been named the Neil and Barbara Chur Family Gallery. The Chur Gallery is opened regular Visitor Center hours - 10am to 5pm, 7 days a week (unless the building is closed for a private event).
Holly Bird - Roycroft Master Artisan
July 7th - September 7th, 2018
Holly Bird is an award-winning printmaker, artist, and graphic designer residing in Palm Harbor, FL. She produces linoleum and woodcut block-prints and copper-plate etchings in her private home workshop, Studio Ibis. She finds pleasure in getting her hands inky and creating non-digital, archival works of art in multiples using centuries-old methods.
An avid, lifelong sailor, former Sea Scout leader and keel boat racer, Holly’s block prints reflect her love for traditional small craft sailing and Florida’s coastal waterways. In contrast, her drawings, etchings, and mezzotints are more personal and differ in tone. They reflect her deep love of line drawing and are more mythic and Faery Tale in nature. The exhibit will run from July 7th – September 7th, 2018. For further information, call 716-655-0261.
Upcoming 2018 Exhibit Schedule
September 2018 - Juliarose Triebes & Keith Wiesinger
Keith Wiesinger has been designing and building furniture for over 40 years. He founded Wilson Crafts Guild in 1999, when restorations of antiques led to requests for new work that held and extended the ideals of the Arts & Crafts Movement. Living in Western New York has allowed Keith to explore the depth of Arts & Crafts inspiration that the area provides.
Juliarose Triebes draws inspiration from mythology and the tenets of the Arts & Crafts Movement: the celebration of nature and the handmade. Her works and motifs are metaphors for larger themes of our interdependence with nature and the folly in our belief of our independence from nature. She currently lives in Flagstaff, Arizona with her husband and son.
There will be an opening reception Friday, September 21st from 4-9PM in the Neil and Barbara Chur Family Gallery located in The M&T Bank Visitor Center in conjunction with East Aurora Art Walk. The exhibit will run from September 21st – November 25th, 2018.
For further information, call 716-655-0261.
Coming November 2018 - The Arts & Craftsmen Guild
Upcoming 2019 Exhibit Schedule
- February 2019 - Diane Castle Babcock: Block Printing & Marsha Van Vlack: Pottery
- April 2019 - Marie Gniazdowski: Jewelry Designer
- July 2019 - Julie Leidel: Painting
- September 2019 - Special John Ruskin Show
- November 2019 - Arts & Craftsmen Guild Show
- April 2018 - Mary Pratt: Pottery
- February 2018 - Cassandra Boyd: Multimedia Painter
- November 2017 - Arts & Craftsmen Guild featuring Janice Castiglione (printing and fiber arts), Patricia McDermott (bead artist), Kim O'Sullivan (jewelry), Stephen M. Russ (drawings), Stacy Smith (jewelry), Barbara Strzepka (porcelain painting), John Thiesen (Furniture maker)
- September 2017 - Elizabeth Andrews: Printmaking
- July 2017 - Cynthia Hand: Jewelry Designer
- April 2017 - Bob Maurer: Watercolor Painter
- February 2017 - Yoshiko Yamamoto: Block Printer
- September 2016 - Arts & Craftsmen Guild featuring Diane Castle Babcock (printer), Lisa Ballowe (jewelry), Paul Brinkworth (painter), Jim Cordes (wood worker), Katie Gasiecki (jewelry), Marie Gniazdowski (jewelry), Lisa Schreiner (multi media), Vicki Schneider (glass artist) and Yvonne Stoklosa (stained glass)
- July 2016 - Ron VanOstrand: Metalsmith
- June 2016 - CJ Hurley: Painter
- April 2016 - Lisa Schreiner: Multi Media
- February 2016 - Diane Castle Babcock: Block Printer
- December 2015 - Charles Clough: Painter
- September 2015 - West Coast Arts & Crafts featuring Kristine Baker (silk painter), CJ Hurley (painter), Julie Leidel (painter), Natalie Richards (embroidery) and Yoshiko Yamamoto (printmaker)
- July 2015 - Jim Cordes: Furniture Designer
- June 2015 - Marie Gniazdowski: Jewelry Designer
- April 2015 - Marsha VanVlack: Ceramic Artist
- February 2015 - Melanie Chimento: Photographer